Conceiving Diet - Do You Know the Foods That Can Prevent You From Conceiving?
By Jackie Grange
What is the best conceiving diet? Its not just about how much you eat. What you eat can affect your ability to conceive a child. There are some foods, which you are probably eating everyday that may prevent you from conceiving. There are also other conception foods that will greatly enhance you fertility and boost your chances of getting pregnant. A healthy conceiving diet is particularly important. If you stick to a healthy diet, you can boost your chances of conceiving and having a healthy baby. Healthy eating means eating a balanced diet and avoiding foods high in fat and sugar, such as cakes and biscuits. Are there other foods to avoid?
Foods to Avoid For a Healthy Conceiving Diet
- Acidic foods - These include meat, dairy, citrus fruits and most grains. These foods make a woman's' cervical mucus acidic. Acidic cervical mucus may become hostile to sperm, which require an alkaline environment to survive.
- Refined foods - Vitamins A, C, E, B complex, zinc, and selenium enhance fertility but are lacking in the usual highly processed diet. Did you know that about 80 per cent of zinc is removed from wheat to make white bread last longer? Switch all white refined foods in your conceiving diet to brown whole foods.
- Soybeans & soy foods.- The plant form of estrogen in soybeans is enough to induce a hormone imbalance that may affect egg production and ovulation. It's especially important to avoid high soy consumption if you're coping with infertility. Remember that soy is "hidden" in foods such as oils, flour, milk, and texturized vegetable protein (TVP). Make sure your conceiving diet includes enough protein from other sources.
- Caffeine - Found in coffee, tea, chocolate, cola & some medications. Excessive caffeine reduces your chances of getting pregnant. It can also increase the risk of miscarriage. When you're trying to get pregnant, drink tea in moderation and go for decaffeinated tea.
- Frankfurters, bologna, salami, & lunch meats. The nitrates and nitrites in these foods make them good to avoid (not good to eat!) when you're coping with infertility or trying to get pregnant.
Start making positive changes in your conceiving diet today. You need to make enrich your diet to maximise your chances of getting pregnant. Give your body every chance to be at its strongest and healthiest so that it can nourish your child. These are just a few of the foods to avoid for a healthy conceiving diet.
My name is Jackie Grange, author of informative pregnancy and conception resources. Did you know that certain foods can hugely boost your fertility level? Discover incredible fertility foods, a shocking scoop of foods to avoid and amazing fertility secrets to get pregnant naturally within 60 days at get-pregnant-secrets.info. Enjoy the FREE Bonuses.
Are you tired of being told you can't conceive because of PCOS? Can you afford any more expensive treatments with no results? Learn how you can get pregnant naturally by visiting PCOS-How To Get Pregnant.